Children's Nature Walk - Every Saturday, with Naturalist David Tompkins
Time & Location
About The Event
Join Whittemore Naturalist - David Tompkins, every Saturday morning at 9:30am, to explore Whittemore, its wildlife, flora & fauna and so much more.
Each week, the walk will have a different theme; learn about the paleo squirrel and its habitat, the hazards of nature, how to build a lean-to, how to build a wildlife tracker and explore the many different habitats for our 2 & 4 legged creatures, including those in the stream.
We welcome children ages 8-14 and love for parents to join us. They enjoy this class just as much as the kids. Though this class is scheduled for 1 hour, it always goes over. Why stop when your having fun!
Children under 8 must be accompanied by an adult.
We ask that you dress appropriatley for the weather and wear proper outdoor walking shoes for possibly muddy terrain.
REGISTRATION IS REQUIRED, only 12 spots available.
WCCC will practice all CDC Guidelines:
- All events require registration.
- We have outdoor bathrooms if needed.
- Classes will allow for 12 spots.
- Masks are optional
- Please bring your own handwipes and waterbottles.
- If you have not been feeling well or show symptoms we ask that you not attend.
- We thank you in helping us making this program safe.
Children 8 and under are FREE. You must register the adult accompanying the child.
- Member - Children's Program$6$60$0
- Non-Member Children's Program$10$100$0
- Child 8 & Under - Free$0$00$0