Fri, May 03|
Whittemore - Community, Culture & Conser
Color & Light in Watercolor En-Plein-Air in May
4 Sessions - May Watercolor Workshop May 5/3, 5/10, 5/17, 5/31 10:00-12:00pm
Time & Location
May 03, 2019, 10:00 AM – 12:00 PM
Whittemore - Community, Culture & Conser, 7 Rockaway Rd, Oldwick, NJ 08833
About The Event
Learn how to use color and light to create beautiful glowing paintings filled with energy and personal expression. Working from an elegant still life or the gorgeous natural beauty of nature as weather permits us to be outside. You will learn how to use watercolor in a way that is loose, colorful, bold and expressive. You will learn to create alluring watercolor paintings with balanced compositions, rich juicy stokes and color harmony from a limited palette. Join this class and discover the beauty and spontaneity of watercolor painting.
You may bring what you have. Watercolor starter sets work too.
The following is a limited palette that I love to use. I found that any color can be mixed from these few colors.
*The PRANG OVAL watercolor box also works.
*Or you can get watercolors in tubes in the following colors to be placed in a closed watercolor palette with lid:
1) Cool Yellow - Cadmium Yellow Light, Azo or Hansa Yellow Light, or Lemon Yellow
2) Warm Yellow - Cadmium Yellow Medium or Hansa Yellow Medium
3) Cool Red - Permanent Alizarin Crimson
4) Warm Red - Cadmium Red or Naphthol Red
5) Cool Blue -Pthalo or Thalo Blue
6) Warm Blue - Ultramarine Blue
7) Green - Pthalo or Thalo Green
2. Brushes: You can bring what you have. I love the Simply Simmons (white handles) or Robert Simmons Expression (Green handles) Brushes.
1" Flat watercolor brush with short handle
1/2" Flat watercolor brush with short handle
#4 and #8 (small and medium) round watercolor brush with short handle
3. Palette: Any watercolor palette you like, with lid is best.
4. Paper: Canson (good) or Strathmore (better) watercolor paper 140lbs, size 9”x12” loose paper, block or wire bound book (if you have block you don’t need tape or board)
5. Other: Foam core board or a hard surface to mount the watercolor paper
Masking tape 1” or 3M blue painter’s tape from hardware store
Limited - 12 students
Friday's in May: 5/3, 5/10, 5/17, (no class 5/24 due to holiday weekend), 5/31
Tuition: $120 for 4 sessions
$50 for 1 session
May Watercolor Workshop (4x)
WC/sr - 4 Sessions; May 3rd,10th, 17th & 31st, 10-12noon$120.00
May Watercolor Workshop 5/3
WC/sr - 1 Session; May 3rd 10-12noon$50.00
May Watercolor Workshop 5/10
WC/sr - 1 Session; May 10th, 10-12noon$50.00
May Watercolor Workshop 5/17
WC/sr - 1 Session; May 17th, 10-12noon$50.00
May Watercolor Workshop 5/31
WC/sr - 1 Session; May 31st, 10-12noon$50.00