“Ducks and Drakes” The Past Time of Skipping Stones - Family Programming
Time & Location
About The Event
There is no record of the first stone skipped, but surely millions upon millions have been “skimmed” over the years and around the the globe. A record of 40 skips has been recorded but achieving even a few is gratifying. Carl is a passionate, life long ‘Stone Skimmer’ (to use the proper English) and will be leading a a clinic and free throw experience on the smooth surface of the Rockaway Creek here at Whittemore. We will enjoy searching out the perfect stones and additionally Carl will share a number of perfect specimens harvested from his secret river bend, deep in the Catskills. Stone skipping science and technique will be taught and many stones will be tossed.
- This program is for all to enjoy - all children 15 years and younger must be accompanied by an adult.
- All must practice social distancing and must wear a mask when social distancing is not possible.
- You must REGISTER in FULL for each indivudual attending, including the children.
- FREE to children under 12
- Please dress accordingly as the weather has changed.
- ONLY 20 tickets are available - so please register early.
- Non Member Walk 9/12$10$100$0
- Member Guided Walk 9/12$5$50$0
- Member Children$0$00$0
- Non-Member Children$0$00$0