Fri, Jun 07|
Whittemore - Community, Culture & Conser
Watercolor with Multimedia En-Plein-Air in June
4 Sessions - June Watercolor with Multimedia Workshop May 6/7, 6/14, 6/21, 6/28 1:00-3:00pm
Time & Location
Jun 07, 2019, 1:00 PM – 3:00 PM
Whittemore - Community, Culture & Conser, 7 Rockaway Rd, Oldwick, NJ 08833
About The Event
Learn how to use watercolor and dry media to create beautiful bold paintings filled with energy and personal expression. Working from an elegant still life or the gorgeous natural beauty of nature (as weather permits us to be outside) you will learn how to use watercolor in a way that is loose, colorful, bold and expressive. Your choice of dry media such as charcoal, pencil colors, ink pens and/or pastels will be used to create unique and expressive marks that will reveal your unique personality as a painter. To find the essence of the subject, we will learn how to look for abstract forms, limit details, use color to communicate mood, and create rhythms and texture rather than a realistic rendering. After all, art is not born from duplication but from creation. Join this class and discover your artistic voice.
You may bring what you have. Watercolor starter sets work too.
The following is a limited palette that I love to use. I found that any color can be mixed from these few colors.
*The PRANG OVAL watercolor box also works.
*Or you can get watercolors in tubes in the following colors to be placed in a closed watercolor palette with lid:
1) Cool Yellow - Cadmium Yellow Light, Azo or Hansa Yellow Light, or Lemon Yellow
2) Warm Yellow - Cadmium Yellow Medium or Hansa Yellow Medium
3) Cool Red - Permanent Alizarin Crimson
4) Warm Red - Cadmium Red or Naphthol Red
5) Cool Blue -Pthalo or Thalo Blue
6) Warm Blue - Ultramarine Blue
7) Green - Pthalo or Thalo Green
2. Brushes: You can bring what you have. I love the Simply Simmons (white handles) or Robert Simmons Expression (Green handles) Brushes.
1" Flat watercolor brush with short handle
1/2" Flat watercolor brush with short handle
#4 and #8 (small and medium) round watercolor brush with short handle
3. Palette: Any watercolor palette you like, with lid.
4. Paper: Canson (good) or Strathmore (better) watercolor paper 140lbs, size 9”x12” loose paper, block or wire bound book (if you have block you don’t need tape or board)
5. Other: Foam core board or a hard surface to mount the watercolor paper
Masking tape 1” or 3M blue painter’s tape from HomeDepot
Any ink pens you have
Any colored pencils
Any charcoal (vine or compressed charcoal)
Pastels(chalk): Nupastel Set of 12 or Faber-Castell soft pastels
Any other dry media you want to try with watercolor
Limited - 12 students
Friday's in June: 6/7, 6/14, 6/21, 6/28
Tuition: $100 - 4 sessions
$40 for 1 session
June WatercolorMM WrkShp 6/7
WCMM/sr - 1 Session; June 7th, 1-3pm
June WatercolorMM WrkShp 6/14
WCMM/sr - 1 Session; June 14th 1-3pm
June WatercolorMM Wkshp 6/21
WCMM/sr - 1 Session; June 21st, 1-3pm
June WatercolorMM Wkshp 6/28
WCMM/sr - 1 Session; June 28th, 1-3pm
June WatercolorMM 4 Sessions
WCMM/sr - 4 Sessions; 6/7, 6/14, 6/21, 6/28 1-3pm