Wednesday QiGong & Tai Chi Class at Whittemore
Time & Location
About The Event
Join Carl as with practice socially distanced Tai Chi & QiGong at Whittemore - Community, Culture & Conservation.
This class will include instruction and practice of the classic Eight Brocades Qigong forms. Following that, we will introduce a few new Tai Chi postures every week from the 24 Posture Short Form Tai Chi practice.
No previous experience is necessary and the class can be performed in comfortable clothing.
Qigong is a system of moving meditation that employs coordinated movement with intentional breathing and calm focused awareness. Each Qigong movement is repeated to strengthen the body and stimulate organs and glands as well to deepen meditative attention.
Tai chi is a mind-body practice that involves a series of slow, flowing exercises that combine movement, meditation, and rhythmic breathing. The practice of Tai Chi is based on traditional Chinese marshal arts forms but sublimates those postures into a moving meditation. Tai chi movements can help stimulate the flow of vital energy known as "chi" and in turn, the practice promotes a calmer nervousness system and one’s general health and well-being.
Please dress appropriatley for the weather and wear proper shoes - it can be wet or muddy!
We no longer have Rain Dates - should it rain we will be holding class at Christie Hoffman Farm Park, under the Pavillion - we will let you know by 8:45am via email.
For all Levels, REGISTRATION IS REQUIRED, only 20 spots available.
WCCC will practice all CDC Guidelines:
- All events require registration and the form must be filled in full.
- We have outdoor bathrooms if needed.
- Classes will allow for 25 spots.
- Masks are optional outdoors.
- Please bring your own handwipes and waterbottles.
- If you have not been feeling well or show symptoms we ask that you not attend.
- We thank you in helping us making this program safe.
- Ultimate Non-Member Monthly$125$1250$0
- Ultimate Member Monthly$110$1100$0
- MEMBER ticket - TaiChi 6/2$12$120$0
- Non-Member - TaiChi 6/2$15$150$0
- FREE 1st Time Attendee$0$00$0